Asia-Pacific Management Accounting Association
2017 Conference 2016 Conference 2015 Conference 2014 Conference
2013 Conference 2012 Conference 2011 Conference 2010 Forum 2009 Forum
To Conference Organizers Doctoral Colloquium Guidelines for Discussants and Presenters
Award and Prize About Us Key People Message from Executives
Uploaded on June 3, 2023
Asia-Pacific Management Accounting Association
2024 (19th) Annual Conference
(tentative) Conference Date:
Faculty of Accounting and Auditing, University of Economics and Business
Vietnam National University, Hanoi
Vietnam National University, Hanoi - Wikipedia
THINGS TO KNOW
BEFORE YOU GO TO HANOI - YouTube
The Miracle Plan That Built Vietnam's Economy - YouTube
(For your reference)
APMAA 2023 Conference Call For Papers: Edited on
February 20, 2023
23 DC Recommendation Form:
Uploaded on January 31, 2023
for the APMAA Annual Conference Paper Review: Uploaded
on July 5, 2021)
(Instructions about the CMT review process)
Instructions for preparing the proceedings (camera-ready) paper: Uploaded on August 30,2021)
Book of Abstracts (2022 Conference Sessions) Edited on September 30,2022
Book of Abstracts (2022 Doctoral Colloquium Sessions) Edited on October 23, 2022
History of APMAA Edited on December 30. 2022
APMAA Annual Conference Mission
Asia-Pacific Management Accounting Association
provides an easy-to-access but a reliable platform for APMAA management
accounting academics to present their research products.
From the 2024 Annual Conference Chair
1. APMAA 2024 Conference (tentative) Call for Papers (Academic Paper Sessions)
Academic paper sessions have always been the center of the APMAA annual conferences. Of course, as in every other year, the 2024 Academic Paper Sessions provide subject areas that encompass various fields and accept manuscripts of almost any accounting subject.
Primary and secondary subject areas of the Academic Paper Sessions
01. Management Accounting: Recent Themes and Directions for a Digital Future
-Accounting in a Digital era
-AI and robotic process automation in Accounting and Auditing
-Data Science and Analytics in Accounting, Auditing, and Taxation
-Cloud accounting and Cyber security
-Accounting education and curriculum in a Digital era
-Accounting research in a Digital era
02. Cost management and Manufacturing Industries
-Supply chain management
-The changing roles of management accounting in Industry 4.0
03. Performance Management
-Performance Management Systems and Budgeting in an uncertainty environment
-Data analytics, Enterprise Planning, and Performance Management
-Performance Appraisal and Incentives
-Multi-Criteria Decision-Making and Accounting
-Impacts of management accounting practices on forecast-based business valuation
04. Strategic Management Accounting
-Factors influencing the deployment of SMA techniques
-Strategic Planning and Performance Management
-Profit-sharing within a supply chain
-Accounting for servitization business models
-Accounting for start-up and unicorn companies
-Intellectual Capital, Intangibles, and Knowledge Management
05. Management Accounting for Multinational Enterprises
-International Tax planning
-Performance management in MNEs
-Management accounting roles and Risk management in a borderless business environment
06. Management Accounting for State-owned Companies, Public Sector, and Non-profit Organizations (NPOs)
-Management accounting in state enterprises
-Open data management for the government
-Management accounting for the third sector (NPOs and civil societies)
07. Management Accounting for SMEs and Family Businesses
-Decision Making in Publicly Traded vs. Private Companies
-Issues of Business continuity and succession
-Tax planning for the family business
08. Business Reporting and Communication
-Financial Reporting and Business Communication
-Impact of IFRS on corporate management
-Corporate Social Responsibility Accounting
-Social, Environmental and Sustainability Management (SDGs) Accounting
09. Business Ethics and Internal Control
-Internal Control and Accountability
-Business Ethics, and Fraud Prevention and Detection
10. Mathematical Models in Accounting
-Product Market Competition
11. Comparative (Cross-cultural) Management Accounting
12. Management Accounting of Islamic Business
-Management Accounting of Islamic Finance and Banking
-Electronic Transactions in Islamic Banks and Markets
-Islamic Financial Industries and Sustainable Development
-Sukuk, Wakaf, and Zakat management
13. Management Accounting Education and History
-History of Accounting discipline
-History of Management Accounting practices
14. Other Management Accounting Issue
Guideline for Authors
1. All submitted manuscripts should report original, unpublished research results.
2. The official language of APMAA 2024 is English in both writing and presentation. If English is not your mother tongue (first language), check your draft using a professional editor and/or with a spelling and grammar matching application such as Grammarly before submitting your manuscript. You can download a free version and install it on your PC. If your document is hard to read, we will decline it before sending it to our reviewer.
3. Manuscripts should follow the structure of a traditional research paper, i.e., you will need to adjust your document to the academic format so that it can be accepted . An empirical research paper's typical organization is Title, Abstract, Introduction, Literature Review, Methodology, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, and References (proceedings papers (sakura.ne.jp)).
4. Use Times New Roman font with font size 12, page size A4, single-spaced.
5. Abstract should be 200-300 words on a separate page immediately preceding the text. Show five keywords below the abstract. The text should be as concise as the subject and research method permit. To be considered, the text length should be over 5,000 but usually not exceed 10,000 words.
6. The cover page should contain the title of the paper, the author's name (first name, initial(s), and family name), position, and affiliation (capitalize the first character of each word). Also, it should contain email addresses and phone numbers. Please indicate the corresponding author. About the detailed information for formatting, please follow the
2022 Guideline for Authors (Formatting and Template) on this page.
8. Author(s) should not use the pronoun "I" or "we." Instead, please use the terms "this study" or "this research". Referencing should follow the APA style (http://www.apastyle.org).
9. Each author registering for the conference is limited to two (2) full-length paper submissions (including co-author papers) for the Academic Paper Sessions.
10. Authors who received a "Minor Revision" or "Major Revision" notification are expected to resubmit their revised (final) manuscripts before a specified date (the temporal deadline is August 20) to get an "Accept" notification by September 1. Our review team engages in review on a first-come-first-served basis.
11. All authors of accepted manuscripts must complete and submit their camera-ready papers for inclusion in the Proceedings and abstracts for the Book of Abstracts before the due date (Sep.15, 2024). Authors can choose a full-length paper or executive summary submission for the conference proceedings. Authors, in principle, cannot make their presentations if they refuse to have their camera-ready papers included in the Proceedings.
Executive summaries are more extended than abstracts, running 3–7 pages (around 1500-2,000 words). They summarize the research output's purpose, methods, results, and conclusions, such that someone who reads only the summary can obtain a solid understanding of the research as a whole.
12. To attend and present their papers, at least one of the authors (including the presenter) must register (pay the participation fee) for the Conference before September 15, 2023.
2. APMAA 2024 Doctoral Colloquium (tentative) Call for Papers
We hold the 2024 Doctoral Colloquium in conjunction with the APMAA 2024 Conference. Our Doctoral Colloquium will offer doctoral students an opportunity to receive high-quality feedback from external advisers (mentors), interact with peers, exchange ideas, discuss concepts, and establish (in) formal cooperation with various research groups. In mentorship, a more experienced or more knowledgeable person helps guide a less experienced or less knowledgeable person. The mentors comprise a group of international professors.
Doctoral students and candidates are welcome to submit their thesis-position paper, i.e., our preference will be given to students in the thesis writing stage of their doctoral work. Students interested in participating in the 2024 Doctoral Colloquium should submit a single file (in Word) of documents consisting of:
1. An introductory letter in which you indicate what you wish to obtain from the Doctoral Colloquium and what you will be bringing to the Doctoral Colloquium.
2. A one-page research statement in the research field you will pursue. This statement should focus on the dissertation since you are at the doctoral dissertation stage.
3. Your CV.
4. A letter of recommendation from your primary dissertation advisor should state what you could contribute and gain from the doctoral consortium. Please use APMAA 23 DC Recommendation Form.
5. Your research paper
The submitted thesis-position paper should clearly state the following:
1. An overview of related work in the area of the doctoral work
2. The original fundamental idea/research questions/hypothesis of the thesis
3. The problem domain and the specific problem addressed
4. Methodological approach
5. The expected contributions
6. Research carried out
The paper content follows a generic thesis structure, including an abstract, keywords, an introduction with the research question, related work, theory, methodology, and preliminary results.
1. The first author should be a doctoral student responsible for researching the topic. If the supervisor becomes a co-author, he or she should be a second or subsequent author.
The official language is English in both writing and presentation.
English is not your mother tongue
check your draft by employing a professional editor and/or with a spelling and grammar matching application such as
before submitting your manuscript.
You can download a free version on a webpage and install it
on your PC.
If your document is hard to read, we will decline it before sending it
to our reviewer.
How to submit your documents to the CMT.
CMT→ Author console →Create New submission (select the Doctoral Colloquium track) →action (select Edit Submission) →move to the bottom of the Edit Submission page →SUBJECT AREA (Doctoral students)
Conference Organizing Team – Vietnam National University team (tentative)
Thuy, Nguyen Thi Hong, University of Economics and Business, Vietnam National University- Hanoi, Vietnam
Chi Phuong Bui, Vietnam National University
Nguyen Thi Huong Lien, Vietnam National University
Edited by Susumu Ueno on June 3, 2023