Asia-Pacific Management Accounting Association
Updated on September 25, 2023
2023 (18th) Annual Conference
Venue: Trisakti University, Jakarta, Indonesia
Academic Paper Session Schedule Updated on
APMAA Annual Conference Mission
Asia-Pacific Management Accounting Association
provides an easy-to-access but a reliable platform for APMAA management
accounting academics to present their research products.
Conference Program: (tentative: Updated on Sep.17 by S. Ueno)
Day 2 Schedule (Wednesday, October 25, 2023) Conference Program
Day 3 Schedule (Thursday, October 26, 2023) Conference Program
APMAA2023 CMT site opened on May 20. We employ the Conference Management Toolkit (CMT) that Microsoft Corporation provides to manage submitted papers. If you are new to CMT, please create your account by registering your ID (Email) and Password in the CMT system (Conference Management Toolkit - Create New Account (microsoft.com)) before submitting your paper. If you have a CMT account, you can log in to APMAA2023 CMT with this account at Conference Management Toolkit - Login (microsoft.com). In your Author console, please click "Create new submission" and select "Academic Paper Sessions.
Edit the "Create New Submission" page and submit your manuscript. Please select an appropriate subject area by clicking a primary subject area button for an Academic Paper Sessions paper. We recommend you click a secondary subject area button when you find an additional relevant area. Please ensure your submission meets the conference's guidelines for accepting scholarly papers (2023 Guideline for Authors (Formatting and Template)). . The Paper Submission Deadline is July 20, 2023.
APMAA 2023 Conference Call For Papers: Edited on
February 20, 2023
2023 Guideline for Authors (Formatting and Template): Edited on February 1, 2023
23 DC Recommendation Form:
Uploaded on January 31, 2023
for the APMAA Annual Conference Paper Review: Uploaded
on July 5, 2021)
(Instructions about the CMT review process)
Instructions for preparing the proceedings (camera-ready) paper: Uploaded on August 30,2021)
Book of Abstracts (2022 Conference Sessions) Edited on September 30,2022
Book of Abstracts (2022 Doctoral Colloquium Sessions) Edited on October 23, 2022
History of APMAA Edited on December 30. 2022
1. APMAA 2023 Conference Call for Papers (Academic Paper Sessions)
Academic paper sessions have always been the center of the APMAA annual conferences. Of course, as in every other year, the 2024 Academic Paper Sessions provide subject areas that encompass various fields and accept manuscripts of almost any accounting subject.
Primary and secondary subject areas of the Academic Paper Sessions
01. Challenges and Opportunities to Management Accounting in the Digital Era
-Management Accounting in the Digital Era
-AI and robotic process automation in Accounting and Auditing
-Data Science and Analytics in Accounting, Auditing, and Taxation
-Cloud accounting and Cyber security
- Performance management through the cloud computing system
-Accounting education and curriculum in the Digital Era
-Accounting research in the Digital Era
- Digital Competency Readiness and Acceptance by management accountants
02. Cost management and Manufacturing Industries
-Supply chain management
-The changing roles of management accounting in Industry 4.0
03. Performance Management
-Performance Management Systems and Budgeting in an uncertainty environment
-Data analytics, Enterprise Planning, and Performance Management
-Multi-Criteria Decision-Making and Accounting
-Impacts of management accounting practices on forecast-based business valuation
04. Strategic Management Accounting
-Factors influencing the deployment of SMA techniques
-Strategic Planning and Performance Management
-Profit-sharing within a supply chain
-Accounting for servitization business models
-Accounting for start-up and unicorn companies
-Intellectual Capital, Intangibles, and Knowledge Management
05. Management Accounting for Multinational Enterprises
-International Tax planning
-Performance management in MNEs
-Management accounting roles and Risk management in a borderless business environment
06. Management Accounting for State-owned Companies, Public Sector, and Non-profit Organizations (NPOs)
-Management accounting in state enterprises
-Open data management for the government
-Management accounting for the third sector (NPOs and civil societies)
07. Management Accounting for SMEs and Family Businesses
-Decision Making in Publicly Traded vs. Private Companies
-Issues of Business continuity and succession
-Tax planning for the family business
08. Business Reporting and Communication
-Financial Reporting and Business Communication
-Impact of IFRS on corporate management
-Corporate Social Responsibility Accounting
-Social, Environmental and Sustainability Management (SDGs) Accounting
09. Business Ethics and Internal Control
-Internal Control and Accountability
-Business Ethics, and Fraud Prevention and Detection
10. Mathematical Models in Accounting
-Product Market Competition
11. Comparative (Cross-cultural) Management Accounting
12. Management Accounting of Islamic Business
-Management Accounting of Islamic Finance and Banking
-Electronic Transactions in Islamic Banks and Markets
-Islamic Financial Industries and Sustainable Development
-Sukuk, Wakaf, and Zakat management
13. Management Accounting Education and History
-History of Accounting discipline
-History of Management Accounting practices
14. Other Management Accounting Issue
Guideline for Authors
1. All submitted manuscripts should be in Word format and report original, unpublished research results.
2. The official language of APMAA 2024 is English in both writing and presentation. If English is not your mother tongue (first language), check your draft using a professional editor and/or with a spelling and grammar matching application such as Grammarly before submitting your manuscript. You can download a free version and install it on your PC. If your document is hard to read, we will decline it before sending it to our reviewer.
3. Manuscripts should follow the structure of a traditional research paper, i.e., you will need to adjust your document to the academic format so that it can be accepted . An empirical research paper's typical organization is Title, Abstract, Introduction, Literature Review, Methodology, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, and References (proceedings papers (sakura.ne.jp)).
4. Use Times New Roman font with font size 12, page size A4, single-spaced.
5. Abstract should be 200-300 words on a separate page immediately preceding the text. Show five keywords below the abstract. The text should be as concise as the subject and research method permit. To be considered, the text length should be over 5,000 but usually not exceed 10,000 words.
6. The cover page should contain the title of the paper, the author's name (first name, initial(s), and family name), position, and affiliation (capitalize the first character of each word). Also, it should contain email addresses and phone numbers. Please indicate the corresponding author. About the detailed information for formatting, please follow the
2022 Guideline for Authors (Formatting and Template) on this page.
8. Author(s) should not use the pronoun "I" or "we." Instead, please use the terms "this study" or "this research". Referencing should follow the APA style (http://www.apastyle.org).
9. Each author registering for the conference is limited to two (2) full-length paper submissions (including co-author papers) for the Academic Paper Sessions.
10. Authors who received a "Minor Revision" or "Major Revision" notification are expected to resubmit their revised (final) manuscripts before a specified date (the temporal deadline is August 20) to get an "Accept" notification by September 1. Our review team engages in review on a first-come-first-served basis.
11. All authors of accepted manuscripts must complete and submit their camera-ready papers (in Word format) for inclusion in the Proceedings and abstracts for the Book of Abstracts before the due date (Sep.15, 2022). Authors can choose a full-length paper or executive summary submission for the conference proceedings. Authors, in principle, cannot make their presentations if they refuse to have their camera-ready papers included in the Proceedings.
Executive summaries are more extended than abstracts, running 3–7 pages (around 1500-2,000 words). They summarize the research output's purpose, methods, results, and conclusions, such that someone who reads only the summary can obtain a solid understanding of the research as a whole.
12. To attend and present their papers, at least one of the authors (including the presenter) must register (pay the participation fee) for the Conference before September 15, 2023.
2. APMAA 2023 Doctoral Colloquium Call for Papers
We hold the 2023 Doctoral Colloquium in conjunction with the APMAA 2023 Conference. Our Doctoral Colloquium will offer doctoral students an opportunity to receive high-quality feedback from external advisers (mentors), interact with peers, exchange ideas, discuss concepts, and establish (in) formal cooperation with various research groups. In mentorship, a more experienced or more knowledgeable person helps guide a less experienced or less knowledgeable person. The mentors comprise a group of international professors.
Doctoral students and candidates are welcome to submit their thesis-position paper, i.e., our preference will be given to students in the thesis writing stage of their doctoral work. Students interested in participating in the 2023 Doctoral Colloquium should submit three files to the Doctoral Colloquium Track of the CMT site, each consisting of a set of documents in Word format, as outlined below:
File 1: Three supplementary documents
-An introductory letter in which you indicate what you wish to obtain from the Doctoral Colloquium and what you will be bringing to the Doctoral Colloquium.
-A one-page research statement in the research field you will pursue. Since you are at the doctoral dissertation stage, this statement should focus on the dissertation.
File 2: A letter of Recommendation
-A Letter of Recommendation from yourprimary dissertation advisor should state what you could contribute and gain from the doctoral consortium. Please use APMAA 23 DC Recommendation Form.
File 3: Thesis-Position Paper
-Your Thesis-Position Paper
The submitted thesis-position paper should clearly state the following:
1. An overview of related work in the area of the doctoral work
2. The original fundamental idea/research questions/hypothesis of the thesis
3. The problem domain and the specific problem addressed
4. Methodological approach
5. The expected contributions
6. Research carried out
The paper content follows a generic thesis structure, including an abstract, keywords, an introduction with the research question, related work, theory, methodology, and preliminary results.
1. The first author should be a doctoral student responsible for researching the topic. If the supervisor becomes a co-author, he or she should be a second or subsequent author.
The official language is English in both writing and presentation.
English is not your mother tongue
check your draft by employing a professional editor and/or with a spelling and grammar matching application such as
before submitting your manuscript.
You can download a free version on a webpage and install it
on your PC.
If your document is hard to read, we will decline it before sending it
to our reviewer.
Application Note (Format)
(1) Prof. Dr. Given name; Family name
Reviewer, moderator, discussant, and
(4) Subject areas that I want to take on such as,
02. Cost management and Manufacturing Industries
03. Performance Management
(5) Several-line (short) profile (or a profile URL) with your photo (We do not request the photo if you are a 2022 APMAA director).
(6) A list of your two published papers (in scholarly English journals) in the subject areas you apply.
Requirement and Due Application Date
To serve as a reviewer, moderator, discussant, and mentor, you must (1) participate in an online training program and a rehearsal provided by APMAA and (2) register for the 2023 Annual Conference by September 15. Application Due Dates are as below;
we encourage you to apply before May 30.
-Mentors of the Doctoral Colloquium: we encourage you to apply before June 30.
-Moderators and Discussants: we encourage you to apply before August 30.
Note that we give reviewers and presenters a priority to serve as a moderator and a mentor.
APMAA has guidelines for presenters, moderators, and discussants beneficial to all, including audiences.
Updated on August 27, 2023, by Prof Dr Susumu Ueno